August 8, 2007
- Strength and Conditioning coaches are urged to question whether the means they have selected for the training program are congruent with the most important directive: the athletes’ attainment of sport mastery
August 15, 2007
- I have added many new links to the Sources page. I will continue to do so as I discover what I think are useful information resources
August 18, 2007
- Through my continued study of the sport training process (STP) and its practical application, I have and continue to formulate conclusions and solutions to various training problems. One such conclusion is that the coach and athlete must scrutinize all aspects of the STP if they are to expect to attain high results.
- I suspect that the limit one places on their scrutiny, vision, and imagination of the STP, and all of its complexity, is directly proportional to the degree to which their attainment of high results is retarded.
August 22, 2007
- The strength and conditioning coach must expand his/her responsibilities beyond the scope of what the title historically implies. The inspired trainer of athletes must ensure that the directed/general specific aspect of the training accomplishes the transmutation of non-specific developments (products of traditional training means) into the higher perfectioning of the sport form.
September 3, 2007
- Additional links have been added to the Sources page.
September 6, 2007
- Excellent article by Dan Pfaff has been linked to Articles and Documents section
September 7, 2007
- The effort to individualize the training of the athltetes participating in team sports must be strengthened. Until the taxonomy of the coaching staff begins to approach the collective expertise that is derserved it is the athletes themselves who must be encouraged to assume greater accountability of their training.
September 8, 2007
- Informative interview with Victor Shenkin, published in 1989, added to Articles and Documents
September 26, 2007
- Articles and Documents page has been updated
October 30, 2007
- Articles and Documents page continues to be updated. Certain links that were featured on the Sources page, that were links to articles, have been converted into article format and are now featured in the Articles and Documents page under the corresponding category.
November 8, 2007
- Articles and Documents page as well as Sources page continue to be updated. Please check back frequently to review new additions.
December 27, 2007
- The western sport training process is largely void of a mindfulness of physiology. Until this situation is resolved we will continue to observe the most successful of sport programs continue to attain results that, while they exist in a state of excellence in relative terms, are well beneath what is truly attainable. Meanwhile, uniformed program administrators and media are none the wiser.
- The solution to this problem lies in rectifying the misdirected lessons that are taught in academia to those individuals who aspire to work, at any conceivable capacity, in the industry of sport.
February 6, 2008
- The ‘strength and conditioning’ coach as a title and corresponding line of work, as it has existed in the United States in the popular sense, must be replaced with a title and curriculum of study and practice that far eclipses the capabilities of the status quo.
- I suggest a title and subsequent qualification standard that allows the coach to instruct the athlete psychologically, technically, and physically for their sporting requirement that, in conjunction with the collaboration of the sport coach whose expertise is also rooted in technical and psychological as well as tactical preparation, will render the athlete operating at the highest possible state of preparation and readiness.
April 6, 2008
- Sources page has been updated
April 30, 2008
- Articles and Documents page has been updated with selected publications from Dr. Atko Viru, Dr. Paavo Komi, and associates, as well as a series of article segments outlining the training of the great thrower from the former GDR Werner Gunthor
May 4, 2008
- I have added a link to my product page at www.elitefts.com at the top of the Sources page.
June 15, 2008
- A link to the work of Dr. Mel Siff has been added to the Sources page under the Science heading